Monday, October 6, 2014

Our Weekend In Pictures - 50K style

This last Saturday, Ryan ran The North Face Endurance Challenge 50K trail race! 
50 kilometers translates to a whopping 31 miles! and not to mention it had 7,500 feet of elevation gain. Yikes! Ryan can now say that he has ran an ultra-marathon. 
chhheck. Woot woot. 

The race took place at Park City resort in Utah. This time of year up there is UNREAL. Absolutely beautiful with the leaves changing colors! Plus, the weather couldn't have been more perfect for a race. Ry did awesome!! This was the farthest he had ever ran at one time, and he definitely is still feeling it a couple of days later ;)
But he sure is my hero. I am so proud of him! 


This was the first time I saw him.. hahaha this picture says it all.  This was at the 21 mile mark at an aid station, and his first words to me were "I am so unhappy right now". haha I would have been more worried if he didn't have a smile on his face after this picture was taken. ;) I can't even imagine how painful it must have been at that point!



Oh, the views!

HE DID IT!

 What a man. I am a lucky lady!

After the race, he said that we HAD to drive around the backside of Park City mountain where they ran because the views and colors were beautiful! We took a drive to Guardsman Pass.. and it did not disappoint!



Congrats to my man for completing his first Ultra Marathon! WAHOO!
 photo finalsiggy_zpsbdfd543d.png

1 comment: