Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Sayings

April went by way too fast! Ellie hit her 4 1/2 year old mark on the 26th. She is spunky and saucy as ever! We love her unpredictability... unbelievably sweet one moment, then super sassy the next.  She definitely keeps us on our toes!  
Ellie is currently loving riding her bike outside to the park, rock climbing "to the top of the ABC wall",  she loves to snuggle, she LOVES Daddy Daughter Dates, and to our dismay- she loves Katy Perry.    ;)
Here are some Ellie quotes from the month of April.


We had just taken off in an airplane and reached the clouds and Ellie started panicking, looking out the window and said, "But where is our land?!?! Where is our WORLD???!!"

In Cabo, we were all on the beach as the sun was setting, and we were all in a deep conversation about life and goals. There was a brief moment of silence, in which was broken by Ellie shaking her head and moaning, "AHHHH I'm not loving this....."


"Mom, Let's go on a VENTURE!!"  (Adventure) 


Ryan had left for a 4 day mountaineering trip and I asked Ellie, "Do you miss daddy??" And she got a frown on her face and said, "Yeah.... I miss daddy... He gives me everything.... And he has the mail key,  so we can't get the mail...."  

Ellie peeked inside the mail box and asked, "Is this where the mail man lives?"

Me: "Ellie, guess where we are going to dinner tonight?"
Ellie: "Oh PLEASE say Costco!!!"

We found out that my nephew was going to have a clown at his birthday party. Ellie asked me, "Momma, does the clown have bones? or stuffing?" (she was wondering if the clown was going to be real or not) and I told her he was going to have bones. And she said, "I am gonna squuuuueeeze his bones!" 

I was climbing a long route at the rock climbing gym, and I had a big fall. Ellie was sitting down on the bench and instantly yelled up to me with an expression that showed that she was worried that I might feel self conscious or something.."It's OK mommy!!! Just do your best!! You can do it!! You won't fall, I promise!!!" 

After eating at a Mexican restaurant, Ellie said to us, "I need to go potty! I need to poop out that salt and pepper."

"If we aren't nice to people, then that makes the Easter Bunny, and Jesus, and Santa sad!!!"

One Sunday morning while we were eating breakfast:
Me: "Ellie, did you know that I am grateful for you? What are you grateful for ?"
Ellie: "I am grateful for Mommy, daddy, Dadda, and Chelsea"
Me: "Awesome! What else are you grateful for?"
Ellie: "I don't know"
Me: "Are you grateful for a...warm house to live in?"
Ellie: "Yes."
Me: "Are you grateful for.. a healthy body?"
Ellie: "Yes."
Me: "What else are you grateful for?"
Ellie stormed off and yelled, "I AM DONE GRATEFULING!!!"

We were in the car and Ellie was grumpy and yelled, "I JUST WANT TO BE A GROWN-UP!!!" and I asked her why she wanted to be a grown-up so bad. She said, "I just want to use grown-up scissors!!! And I just want to drink Sprite!!! and I just want to drink hot cocoa without having to blow on it!!!!" 


 photo finalsiggy_zpsbdfd543d.png

No comments:

Post a Comment