Sunday, September 8, 2013

Our weekend in Pictures

For Labor Day, Ryan & I decided that we wanted to go up to Glacier National Park in Montana. I have been there a few times and fell in LOVE with its beauty! My dad, brother, and sister-in-law happened to have made the same plans of going up there, so we met up with them for a day.
If you haven't been to Glacier National Park, I highly highly recommend it... It will take your breath away!
 
Ellie did pretty good in the 10 hour car ride!

First stop was Lake McDonald. We rented a little motor boat and drove around the lake.
I love the reflection that the mountains make on the water-- Gorgeous, right?


My most favorite picture of Ellie & Grandpa to date.
 

 
 
Then we hiked up to Avalanche creek which was really pretty

One of my favorite shots of Ellie... taken by Ryan


driving the "Going to the Sun"  road. Amazing!

 
 
 
We found an empty field to play in...

 

The next day, we went on a hike up to Grinnell Glacier. It was a 1,840 foot climb, and 11.4 miles long. Ellie was a trooper on this hike! And Ryan was one heck of a man for carrying her in the backpack the whole way... people kept commenting on how Ryan was the 'toughest man on the mountain' and saying how strong her was. I told Ryan that he needed to carry Ellie around in a backpack more if he ever needed a confidence boost ;)
This hike was SO so amazing! We passed 3 different lakes on our hike up to the glacier.
It was a pretty hard hike... but well worth it up at the top.
 
 
Look at that water color! Insane!  and if you look above the lake, and see the snow patches... that is where we hiked to.




You can see the 3 lakes that we passed from this view.

Best feeling, finally making it to the Grinnell Glacier!

Ellie was so tired on the hike, but perked right up once we reached the glacier and played around for a bit.

My crazy husband took a dip in the freezing glacier water!



top knot babe

making our way back down!


Love this picture of my two babes

Then we camped for the night!
 
aaannnd made the 10 hour journey back home. It was such a fun trip! and we are already planning our next trip back to Glacier. :)


 photo finalsiggy_zpsbdfd543d.png

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, our friends just got back from there and showed us all of the pics! It looks amazing and we definitely want to take a trip up there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful! i am definitely putting this on my bucket list!! thanks for sharing michelle!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos are beautiful. makes me think i need to do some oregon hiking this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna go to this park so bad! your photos look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your photos about adventuring around with your cute little family.

    I recently started making climbing chalk bags, I know you and your family climb so I thought of y'all when I listed them: https://www.etsy.com/listing/161896350/rock-climbing-chalk-bag-vintage-fabric?ref=shop_home_active

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, we haven't been out there since the early-mid 90's. Still looks just as amazing.

    ReplyDelete