Saturday, July 6, 2013

Things you should know about me

RYLEEBLAKE


I was so excited to be tagged by the beautiful Rylee Blake- for this opportunity to tell you all a little bit about myself! The past few months have been insanely busy for me.. so this blog has turned more into a picture blog, with not much writing. SO, I am excited to answer a few questions that Rylee has given me, so that you guys can get to know me a little bit better!

Let's get crackin' on these questions...

1. What is the funniest/most embarrassing thing that happened this week?

  Oh boy.. where do I begin. People who know me the best, know that I am accident prone, clumsy, and just a little 'out of it' sometimes. With that being said, a lot of things happen to me that most people would find "embarrassing", but I have just become so used to embarrassing things happening to me, that they have just become normal to me. But the one most recent instance that I can think of off the top of my head, is the time when I was running with Ryan and I totally ATE it. Ryan and I work together which is AWESOME, so we go for a run together during our lunch break every other day. Well the past little while, I have been trying to re-train myself on how to run more correctly. This is NOT an easy thing! I have been hearing so much talk about running more on the balls of your feet, to prevent injury. I have seen pictures of me running, and notice that I tend to heel-strike, which is an incorrect way to run.. and I was having knee problems because of it! yadayada So..., I have been trying to re-train myself to be more conscious about not heel striking. So we were running along, and I totally just ate it. HARD. Full on fell on my knees, then hands, then face. BAHA! It was so dumb of me. I just got lazy with my feet I guess, while trying this new running technique out, and just went from running, to falling falt on my face in a matter of seconds. We laughed after the embarrassment left, because it happened on a busy road with cars and people everywhere. I honestly felt like I didn't know how to run anymore! yup, felt like an idiot. But like I said, I am not surprised that something like this happened to me. :)

2. Spill. what's your guilty pleasure?

  Lost. Vanilla soft serve ice cream cones. Following certain celebrities on Instagram. Biscoff cookie spread. Rihanna. and Pretty much anything unhealthy to eat.

3. Hurry, take a quick piccy of your outfit today! Name your favorite thing about what you're wearing or give us a little note about your personal style and what it means to you.

Welp, this is what I am wearing today to work... this is about as dressed up as I get these days, too. 
I am wearing a denim vest from H&aM, shirt from Soel Boutique, skirt from Urban Outfitters (bought like my sophomore year of high school, no joke) and necklace is homemade by me.. I was bored one day and found a tassel at my dad's house... probably from some old decorative pillow, then looped it on some leather and that was good enough for me! 
(inspiration for this necklace came from these beauties.) 
My personal style is all over the place.. one day I will be wearing wedges, cropped skinny jeans and a blazer, and the next day I will be wearing black grunge boots and a backwards hat. 
I love mixing things up and I would rather have an eclectic style than a style that is the same every day!



4. Any beauty secrets you're currently loving?

Yes... oh ladies, if you haven't tried a BB cream as part of your beauty routine, in my book, it's a MUST! I wish I had time to take a before and after picture of what this stuff does to your face... but for now, I will just explain how glorious it is.

Behold, Garnier's BB Cream Skin Renew perfector:

There has been a lot of talk this past year in the beauty world about BB Creams. I call it my "miracle cream" because it seriously does everything. Just read the box! Renews, brightens, evens skin tones, hydrates, protects.. I could go on for days. They also have a tint to them (you can choose which tint matches best with your skin tone) which is nice because it is like a tinted moisturizer plus a handful of other benefits, all in one tube. There are lots of high-end BB creams out there, but I did some major digging and found out that there are actually a couple of great drug-store BB creams that work wonders. It came down to the Garnier BB Cream, (pictures above) and the Maybelline BB cream. The reviews for both that I found were pretty close. I decided to go with the Garnier brand and couldn't be happier! My friend uses the Maybelline one and loves it too, so I am sure you could go either way. But I am telling you, you've gotta try it! Some days I will wash my face and JUST put this on and run out the door... I just went to Lake Powell and didn't wear any makeup, but I put this on- it just finishes your face and freshens it up. Plus it has sunscreen in it!
Let me know if you try it out!


5. Who has been the most inspiring person for you? Why?

This may sound cliche, but I feel so grateful to have an amazing husband who inspires me daily. He is the hardest working person that I know, and does it without hardly any negativity about it. If I had on my plate everything that he has on his; with work, school, internship, fatherhood, applying for grad school, putting up with me, and everything else he does... There is NO way I would stay happy and positive and focused like he is.

Ryan inspires me in the littlest ways too. I will be so tired at night time and just crash on my bed, and will peek open my eyes to say "I love you" to him and find him kneeling in prayer. Every night.

I will randomly watch and listen to him as he talks with his mother...like they are best friends.. and how I can tell how much he loves her just by the way he listens and talks to her.

I love watching him with Ellie, and how he tells her stories, and crawls around on the ground with her acting like  a bear. It's the little things that he does that inspires me to be a better wife, mother, and person all around.

Ryan is the kind of person who genuinely cares for people. When I come to him with a problem, he always seems to say the perfect things to help me feel better, and he listens to me. He looks into my eyes deeper than anyone else does, like he wants to feel what I am feeling, to try and help me. He inspires me to try and truly care for people like he does with me. I love him with all my heart and am truly blessed to have him with me through this journey of life.


6. Favorite song off the top of your head. Don't think about it. just go (and provide a link if you can)!

I just recently posted "Royals" by Lorde, which I am loving lately.... Choosing just one favorite song is torture for me.. I love so many bands....Coldplay, Radiohead, Cat Stevens, Imagine Dragons, The Killers, Young the Giant, The Lumineers, the list goes on! But I really am digging Lorde lately. My next favorite song of hers is "Love Club". So good. Chheeckk it.

7. What's a personal trial that you've had to overcome?

I think my most recent trial is learning to communicate better in my marriage. Marriage is hard! It definitely isn't always a walk in the park. I am continuously learning and growing into the person that I want to become, and the wife that I want to be for Ryan. Ryan & I actually had a long talk tonight about some things that we are trying to work on in our marriage. Communication is so so important, and sometimes in the midst of an argument, I tend to want to just drop it and brush it off, or shove it under the rug because sometimes I feel like things don't get resolved if we keep talking about it over and over again. umm I have definitely realized that this is a stupid way of dealing with things :) With that being said, I am taking it step by step and am in the learning process of how to communicate better to resolve our arguments.
I would say that this isn't something that I have overcame, but am overcoming. or at least trying. Life is all about learning and trying our best, right?



8. Why do you blog? and what do you find to be the most rewarding thing that has come from it?

There are a few reasons why I blog.

1) To keep record of memories with my family. I have a HORRIBLE memory, and it is fun for me to keep this blog so that I can look back at fun pictures or stories of my family. And I don't keep a written journal... so this is an easy way for me to document our life adventures. And it is much more fun with pictures and videos, right??

2) I blog to help myself. When I write about real experiences that I have dealt with, it is healing for me. It is a way for me to vent. It is a way for me to look back on how I dealt with certain trials, which gives me strength to overcome future trials.

3) I blog to hopefully help/inspire at least someone out there with my experiences and stories. I know that there are people out there who are going through what I went through, and I just hope that someone out there can be touched. It is always so rewarding to hear from readers that I have never seen or met, but who tell me that they have been touched by my experiences. Receiving emails from complete strangers thanking me for sharing my thoughts and feelings, is definitely the most rewarding thing that I get from blogging!


............................................................


This was such a fun thing for me to do!

I tag:
Hannah from THE INCLINED
Kirsten from A SWEET SPIRIT
Courtney Salmon

Answer the following questions on your blog, girls! and visit Rylee's post to grab the "You should Know" button! Be sure to tag a few people and make up some questions to keep it going--

1. What is your favorite beauty product and/or routine?
2. What is your most favorite place that you have visited in the world and why?
3. Why do you blog? and what inspires you to keep blogging?
4. What is the quality that you love best about your significant other, and why?
5. Guilty pleasures??
6. What physical feature do you love most about yourself and why?--Don't be afraid to gloat a little! Embrace what you have and love it :)
7.Take a quick picture of what you are wearing-- and tell us what you love about your outfit!
8. Do you cook? If so, share your favorite recipe! (this is selfish of me, but I need some good new recipes ;)









1 comment:

  1. Ps. I love your blog and your little family.

    I pretty much feel like we are parts of the same person. I love Royals, i'm pretty much awesome (NOT) at communicating, butterfingers, and have the worst memory!

    I love your stories, and just know you probably help more people than you realize.

    ReplyDelete