Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"Walks with Grandpa" book

Last year, my Dad had a dream to write a children's book about him going on walks with his grandchildren around the neighborhood. 
Can you say... sweetest thing in the world!??   My dad is the cutest.

Well, this year for Father's Day, I thought it would be fun to be sneaky and steal his rough drafts that he had written and put away for months, and turn them into an actual book! 
My co-worker/friend/cake maker of BEE CAKES, Annie Pugmire, did all of the ADORABLE illustrations. I just LOVE how the book turned out! I had her try and copy actual pictures that I took of my dad going on walks with Ellie and my nephew Cody. She did such a great job!
This book was a few months in the making, but it was SO worth it. My dad was absolutely shocked when he opened his gift from our family. It was so fun to see his reaction!



Introducing.... "Walks With Grandpa"  Written by: Grandpa Duncan

















Cutest thing ever, right?? And just look how happy my dad looks with his book :)

Here he is reading it to Ellie.. 
She LOVES this book! It is fun to see her recognize herself in it.
I have had a few people ask me how they can get themselves a copy of the book, and I think that is the coolest thing! Contact me if you would like to buy a copy of this book, and I would love to order one for you and have it shipped to you! 
Email me at: michelleleeann@gmail.com

xoxoxox 

3 comments:

  1. This is incredibly special! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously crying because this is the cutest thing in the world. I love it!

    ReplyDelete