Monday, June 3, 2013

DIY painted rock-climbing chalk bag


My husband and I are addicted to rock climbing.... we started about 4 months ago, and haven't been able to quit! We started buying our own gear... harness, shoes, ropes, etc. Then it came to buying a chalk bag. As I stared up and down at the zebra print ones, the furry pink ones, and the Peace sign ones, it hit me that I could attempt to make my own chalk bag! It's definitely not necessary... but boy do I jump at opportunities like this. :) 
Why not personalize something that I use, doing something that I love??

So I bought a plain black chalk bag, and picked up this white fabric pen at the craft store, 
and got busy.





Triangles.
SURPRISE!!!!
I have a serious triangle addiction for some reason. Don't care! I love how it turned out. 
Whaddya think?
 I cut out triangles on contact paper and used that as a stencil as I filled in the triangles all over the bag. 
I went over the triangles with the pen three times to make them super solid white.



Here I am sportin' my new bag up in Rock Canyon in Provo, Utah. I love it! It is fun to have something personalized while I climb.. I have already had some people comment on how they never would have thought to paint their own. You climbers should try it!




Happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!! I am seriously obsessed with all of your DIY projects - you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete