Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day weekend in pictures

Our Mother's Day weekend started out by me going to "Moms and Muffins" at Ellie's daycare. She chose the face we made for our picture. ;) yyeeahhh we're mean muggin it.
Love this girl!
Later that night, daddy took us to go geocaching
Ever heard of it?
I hadn't either. But apparently there is buried treasure ALL over our neighborhoods, all over the world. Seriously! Check out this site and go on a real life treasure hunt!
I swear that now our daily activites are planned around geocaches. ;)
 
My two cuties ready to go exploring
 

Saturday morning, we woke up early and had whole wheat flap jacks at our friends house, then headed up to Rock Canyon to do some climbing. This canyon is SO close to where we live, and we never take advantage of it! So it was fun to check it out-
 We found a good climbing spot too!


Ells Bells went with us! We gave her a sweet setup. Didn't last too long.. she got pretty ancy to go exploring. I don't blame her!

My guy, Ry-Guy

Met some furry friends


Sunday morning, I woke up to the sounds of pots and pans clinking downstairs in the kitchen, and mixing spoons mixing, and I couldn't help but feel so grateful for my amazing husband and sweet daughter... They made me french toast, and fresh-squeezed orange juice. I was so spoiled this Mother's Day! I came downstairs to big bear hugs from my two loves, and a bigger bouquet of flowers than Miss Universe gets.  I cried. and I cried. 
I am so so blessed! 


Morning snuggles with my girl is all I wanted!

Ellie surprised me with this home-made card...
 Seriously nothing beats home-made cards from toddlers!!

Ryan Interviewed Ellie.... haha I LOVE her answers. Toddlers are so funny!

She also made me this bracelet... Heart melted.

My sweetheart surprised me with this book that I have been wanting to read!
 Has anyone read it??


I forgot to mention...that while we were in Mexico, Ryan and I booked a trip to Europe for this summer! WOOOOO!! I am SO BEYOND excited... We are leaving Ellie here at home which will be hard, but it will be fun to get some alone time with my boo and travel! We are going to Portugal, Spain, Morocco, and France! I can't WAIT!
 
The reason why I am bringing this up is for the next picture after this..
 
 

Ryan made this coupon for me for Mother's Day..and gave me some Euros.
You have to read the coupon--
Hahah he is SO funny!
 I just LOVE him!!!
(as you can tell, shopping isn't really his thing... so this is kind of a big deal ;)


Later that day, Ryan's brother Conner called from his LDS Mission in Nicaragua! It was so good to Skype with him. What a blessing missionaries are!


Then my dad, Ry, Ellie, and I took a nice walk up to the cemetary to visit my mom's grave. Mother's Day always stings a little bit, but I am so overwhelmed with love from my family and friends, that I felt ok- Instead of pain and sadness, I was filled with joy, gratitude, and memories of my mother.
 I am so lucky to have such an amazing father to keep me going, and an amazing and caring husband to comfort me when I am down.
Miss and love you, Mom!


I am so thankful that I am able to be the mother of this cutie! Every day is a learning experience for me, and I still fail at a lot... but she keeps me on my toes, and makes me laugh to loosen me up :)
I love you, Ellie Mae Schwen!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! A perfect Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about your big summer trip! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete