Friday, January 18, 2013

Toddler DIY celery flower art

I found this super cute idea on Pinterest of using celery to make flower art! I thought that this would be something easy and fun for my little Ellie to do. So we used THIS tutorial and got to work!

We used some gold and black paint and also decided to add some gold glitter to spice it up a bit. 
(if you know me, you know that I have a slight obsession with glitter..)


Then I showed Ellie how to use the celery as a stamp, and she started stamping away! After we were done, I had her sprinkle some glitter over the wet paint. and tada! 
It was a beautiful masterpiece by my talented 3 year old :) 




After it was dry, I loved it SO much that I decided to frame it. How cute does her artwork look on my dresser?! This was such a fun and easy project, and Ellie loved doing it!




4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I think I may have my nephews do this someday soon.. and your little Ellie is not so little anymore and is a beautiful little person! when did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!! And so easy! Thanks for sharing. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea, I've seen the celery stamp before, but not like this!! I may have to try something like this with my kids :) And that pic of you and your hubby is beautiful!

    xoxo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete