Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Meet my new job- Acumen Learning


I have some good reasons for neglecting my poor blog lately... I got a new job!


---I sadly left my awesome job at Netdocuments, but got recruited to work at a bitchin' business called
   Acumen Learning. (I can say 'bitchin' because it is my father-in-law's company, and Bitchin' is an accepted word in the Cope household.) I was so so so so sad to leave my Netdocs family of 3 years, but  am really liking this new change with working at Acumen Learning.

--Just a little background of what Acumen Learning does.... Remember THIS POST about my father-in-law, Kevin? He wrote a New York Times best selling book called, "Seeing the Big Picture." He founded Acumen Learning about 10 years ago, and Kevin and his team travel all over the world, training businesses on how to be better as a company. It's awesome stuff!
Find out how your company can build their Business Acumen.

-


---With my new job, my hours are different. I have to be at work at 7AM. Yikes! So Ryan is a stay-at-home-dad until about 9am when he comes into work. Oh, and did I mention that we work together? :) Best thing ever...... anywho, because I have to leave my house at about 6:45 every morning, I don't get to spend time with Ellie girl because she is still asleep by the time that I leave! It has been a hard adjustment, but because I come into work earlier, I get to leave work earlier in the day. I can use that time to go to the gym, run errands, or go pick up Ellie early from Daycare. :) With that being said, I have been M.I.A. and anti-social because after a long day of work, I just want to come home to my two loves! Do you blame me?? They are pretty awesome.....


--At my new job, I help with coordinating travel-- booking hotel rooms, car rentals, flights, etc. and I also run sales reports, go grocery shopping for the office, and I am now in charge of being the author of the Acumen Learning blog. Fun stuff, right? I feel very blessed to be able to have such a great job!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! & getting to work with your hunny is a definite bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! Sounds like an inspirational place to work. And I hear you about those early mornings! We leave home at 6.40am which, during winter, means it's still pitch black outside :-/ I try to get all my blogging done on the weekends and scheduling my posts through out the week so I get maximum time with my daughter after work on the nights I'm in
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Oh.. and even though we have known each other awhile, I am now officially your "newest" (and oldest) follower. Spesh!

    Kelsey
    brighterthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete