Friday, January 4, 2013

Holiday festivities!

This post is a little late, but I wanted to share with you a video that I made of our Holiday festivities!

 Christmas Eve at the Cope's house is always a blast...we induldged ourselves with king crab legs, steak, and shrimp. A sweet tradition in their household! This year, Ryan's parents invited my dad over for dinner which was great! It was fun to have him there with us. After dinner we opened our matching pajamas that Mimi & Papa gave us, and wore them for the next week straight. . . .just kidding, but really, I think Ryan, Ellie, and I wore ours for like 2 1/2 days straight. ha Oh the joyous holiday season!

 This year, Ryan & I wanted to spend our Christmas morning together with just the two of us and Ellie, in our new home! It was our first official Christmas together as a family, and it was the best. Ever. Really simple, and only a handful of wrapped presents under the tree. But it was perfect. We had Ellie sit at the top of the stairs with her bedhead and sleepy eyes, to take her picture before she went downstairs to see what Santa had brought.
With every present that she opened, she would exclaim, "This is what I have always wanted for Christmas!" It was the cutest thing. Santa brought Ellie her first bike! She is still learning how to pedal, but it's hard to get much practice when there is a foot of snow outside! She also got a ballerina dress, which was what she wanted. 
 Ryan spoiled me and got me the ccuuuttteesstt antler jewelry stand. Check it out HERE!
But the best part about my Christmas was opening a different gift from him....he found a picture of my mother that I had never seen before, and he framed it for me. I cried! ha  Like a boob. On Christmas. He is the sweetest husband in the world.

After our house, we headed to Ryan's parent's house. They spoiled us too much! I am so grateful for them, for all that they do for us. They truly are the best Mimi & Papa out there!

Then we headed to my dad's house with my side of the family. We had to rush to have Ellie open her presents before she had to leave to go with her dad for the day, so that was kind of a bummer! But we are going to have to get used to splitting up the holidays, because it will happen every year :(

After Christmas, we had lazy days, ski days and we stayed up at the cottage for New Years Eve. We are so lucky to be able to get to do the things that we do, and have the amazing families that we have!
 I felt very blessed this holiday season for Ryan and Ellie in my life. 
I don't know what I would do without them.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! xoxoxo


 

1 comment:

  1. sooo lazy days are the best. Seriously the best.And I loved watching your slideshow. It helped me get to know you lots better. For like 7 years now, I've been set on naming my daughter Ellie. So of course I love you for that, too :) Looks like your Christmas was wonderful.

    amanda @ we and serendipity

    ReplyDelete