Monday, November 5, 2012

My weekend in pictures

This weekend was a good one! Friday night, Ryan & I finally had my birthday dinner at the Tree Room! (I was feeling a lot better than last time we tried to go...)
 My Husband is the sweetest!!
 
The Sundance Tree Room is quite a treat! We dressed up and ate our 1-night-a-year fancy date meal. We joked about how our T I N Y little gourmet appetizer costed as much as 2 Large Cafe Rio salads..but we were there for the experience, right? :) OH, and if you haven't tried the Tree Room's Pepper Steak.... YOU ARE MISSING OUT. It is absolutely heavenly...and I am not even a huge steak person! Gotta try it. I have been craving it ever since we ate there.


Here is Ryan about to dig into the fabulous Charcuterie--
 
 
 
Saturday Morning went a little like this:
 
 I hear our doorbell ring. I was thinking, 'Who on earth could it be? We don't know anyone in our neighborhood yet.. and I am still in my pajamas..'
 
 
I opened the door to find two 9-year old boys with their skateboards asking, "Hey, can your husband come skate?"
 
You see, rewind a couple months ago when we first moved into the neighborhood. These little boys saw Ryan outside of our garage with his skateboard propped up against the wall. The boys started commenting on how nice his skateboard was, and they asked him if he could do any cool tricks. Ryan busted out some tricks, and ever since then....these kids IDOLIZE Ryan. :)
 
 
Fast forward to them at my door asking me if my husband can come and skate. I giggled to myself as I went upstairs to tell Ryan that his "friends" were at the door wanting to skate. Ryan smiled and went outside to skate with them.  
 
We joke about how I am so proud that Ryan is finally starting to make "friends" in the neighborhood, and how hanging out with these 9 year olds really boosts Ryan's self-esteem....especially when they ask him who he is sponsored by, and comment on how SWWEEEET our cars are. (ummm hello!? Ryan drives a Geo Metro!! hahahah nothin against 'ol potatoe.....but... ;)
 
 
So here is Ryan and his 'buddies' skatin. :)



In the afternoon, we spontaneously decided to go to the Golf Course that is right by our house and hit off the driving range. I have never been golfing in my life....except for Mini Golf, so this was definitely not my forte. I even failed with the dress code... Oh well, atleast I looked fashionable while golfing, right?  Ryan joked with me about it and refused to let me come into the club house with him..... last time I wear a hat, scarf, and boots golfing! ;)


Here is the master golfer...


 
Saturday Afternoon, we were lucky to babysit the twins! These babies almost have my whole heart....seriously. Even when James barfs all over me at church. 3 times.  
I love them to PIECES!!!

 
Saturday was Grandma Cope's birthday! So the Cope's celebrated by all going up to the Grill Room at Sundance.
Sundance dinner two nights in a row?!
 We sure were spoiled this weekend.
Happy Birthday, G-Ma!


The whole gang.
minus Spencer, Conner, Bella, Noelle, Ellie & the twins :)

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That story about Ryan skateboarding is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skateboarding! There is a little girl down the street that does the same thing to me, minus the skateboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness the story about ryan and the skateboarding is the cutest! I love it!

    ReplyDelete