Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ellie's 3rd Birthday Pow Wow

Our sweet Ellie Mae turned 3 last week! She loves Tiger Lily from Peter Pan, so we decided to throw her an indian-inspired birthday party where she was an "Indian Princess"
 
I can't believe Ellie is already 3! This sassy sweet girl fills our home with love and keeps us on our toes. I am so grateful for her spunky personality and her loving heart. She makes me want to be a better mother every day. Ryan and I are truly blessed to have her in our lives.
 
 
Read about the invitation here.
 
 

I apologize in advance for the terrible iPhone pictures! Someday I will get a nice fancy camera :)

Pow Wow sign:  was made by me
Number 3:  bought at Hobby Lobby and spray painted gold
Giant Fringe balloon:  balloon from Party Land, fringe was made using THIS tutorial

 
 
Isn't she the cutest little indian princess you've ever seen?!?!
 
Her feather headband: was made by me
Her indian dress:  a costume from a halloween superstore
Her leggings: H&M
Her moccasins:  Minnetonka


Fringe banners:  made using THIS tutorial


Take home treats:  gooey yummy chex mix


Dream catcher:  stolen from my brother's room years ago
Gold indian head:  borrowed
Basket: thrifted
Baby moccasins:  these used to be my older brother's! cuutte
Wooden crate:  thrifted
Table cloth:  actually a poncho/shawl from Forever 21



Salted Caramel Squares using THIS recipe


Melt-in-your-mouth pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
 
 
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites using THIS recipe
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love this Teepee Print by Kelli Murray


Cake picked out by Ellie herself...from The Chocolate

 
Gold + Glitter dipped feather Garland tutorial found HERE


My mother-in-law made this amazing Teepee,
that we turned into a little drumming spot for the kiddos
 
 
Stained Glass: made by my hubby in high school..awesome right?


Arrow rug: from Urban Outfitters found HERE
Indian Table runner: it's actually a men's scarf from H&M


 
Indian Blanket:  bought on the Indian Reservation in Arizona by my
parents many years ago
 
 
 I made little indian headbands for all the kids to wear! They looked so cute in them.


We had lots of people come dressed up in their feathers and moccasins! It was awesome!


Here is Grandma Cope holding baby James, and Gina holding baby Phoebe..aren't they cute sporting their feather headbands?!


My sexy indiand chief husband...and our friends Steve and Carly. Way to dress up!!!!


This is us attempting to take a family picture....hahah somehow after the picture on the left happened, we got the picture on the right. This struggle happens on a daily basis. ha


 We had a little face painting station..
Ellie decided to draw on Papa's face for him. :)
 
Drum circle in the teepee!
 
 
Amigos
 
 
 

Every year for Ellie's birthday, we light some paper lanterns and let them go in the sky-
 This year we did 3 for Ellie's third birthday!

 

Happy Birthday to our Sweet Indian princess, Ellie Mae!!
 
.HOW.

9 comments:

  1. SO cute! I love that she loves tigerlilly! Such a stylish little girl. :) This party is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you seriously need to go into the party planning business and then i'll hire you to do all my parties. This is WAY too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable!!! i love kids birthday parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love kids birthday parties! everything looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I might have to borrow this idea... Love. Such a fun momma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative! Did you make that chevron painting as well? Great style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No I didn't make that chevron painting...I could never do something like that! ha my friend Annie Biegler painted it.. isn't it amazing?? She sells some of her art on her cake blog http://anniesharoncakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you buy the crayons for face painting?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The face painting crayons were bought at a party supply/costume store. It is used for face painting during Halloween time :)

    ReplyDelete