Friday, July 27, 2012

ink.

I have wanted a tattoo for as long as I can remember. Not really sure why... I just love art and the way that tattoos can express your personality. I have always wanted a small and simple tattoo, but of course, I have never gotten one..because of my lack of decision making...and because I know that I would probably get sick of whatever I chose. Then I would get a new one to satisfy my current style, then get another one a year later because I wished I would have gotten something different, and it would be an on-going cycle until my whole body was covered. Which is the last thing that I want.
(I could never pull it off)

(sorry for the run-on sentence)

My religious beliefs play a big part in why I haven't and won't get a tattoo. because it is a permanent thing that would be on my body. May seem odd to most people, but it is a personal decision... even though it is a very hard decision for me to make. 

BUT....that doesn't mean that I can't still like tattoos, right?! :)  Finding awesome tattoos on Pinterest helps me get my ink fix.  Oh, and sometimes doodling on myself with a marker....haha




Here are some favs from My Pinterest:








7 comments:

  1. You have such cool style. I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! i love the ones you posted :)

    PS. cute blog header at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I've always been fascinated by tattoos and wanted one for awhile but known that I probably never would get one. It's the simple, meaningful seeming ones especially that draw me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a question (and I have debated with myself about posting it at all) BUT - if it's your religious belief not to have a tattoo, why on God's green earth would you fake it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how to make this comment private, but I have struggled all day with this post. If having a tattoo is against your religious belief, why on earth would you fake that you have one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meghan, I can definitely see why this post would confuse you :) Because of my religion, I choose not to put something that is permanent on my body. But I do think that tattoos are beautiful! I love art & fashion, and I have always been intrigued by them because I have seen some pretty amazing tattoos on people-- and most of them are very meaningful to the people who have them. Which I love! I doodled on myself because I like designs and art. But I choose not to put them permanently on my body because of my religion. That's all. :)
    Hope that made sense.. thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete