Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July festivites

Ryan & I woke up early on the 4th and ran the Provo Freedom 10K run. What were we thinking?!
We didn't really train for it, but we survived and lived to tell the tale.

I take my running pretty serious, which is stupid..  I usually have to be strict with my training in order to do well or feel like I did well. Even if it is some dinky little run, I still always have the pressure of beating a previous time, or doing well in it. Luckily, I married a man who is laid-back, absolutely hilarious, and makes me laugh until my stomach hurts. He helps me relax when I get uptight or stressed, and I love that about him!
The race was fun, but I am glad it's over. Next weekend we are running the Tour de Run which is 3 separate races over the course of 2 days. I am glad that Ryan will be running it with me to help keep me chilled out and laughing my little heart out so I don't try and be a perfectionist.
 Oh boy, do I love this man.

This is us: post race. We aren't sweaty at all. . 

After the race, we met up with grandpa, Ellie, and my brother Russ & his wife Jana to watch the parade. Ry and I talked about how much we hate parades..... until we have a child to go to it with. Parades are a hundred times more fun with kiddies! Ellie was in love with the policeman and the firetrucks, and also the "pretty princesses".
 She was in such a good mood and gave everyone lots of loves.
So cute.



Plenty of swimming going on 'round here!

Ellie & her cousin Cody had a blast swimming and drawing on the chalkboard


swim hair cutie


aaannnnddd a random picture added to this post for no particular reason, except for the fact that I stumbled upon it:

I found an old journal entry from Junior High on the day that I started "going out" with Ryan. How fun to read back on how dramatic and immature we were :) Those were the days! ...love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment