Monday, May 14, 2012

my Mother's Day weekend in pictures

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mother's out there! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend spent with your loved ones.

'Round here, we have been going to Ryan's intramural baseball games and absolutely LOVE watching him play! Everytime Ryan would come in from each inning, Ellie would yell to him, "YOU DID IT!!" haha it was so cute.


We got to watch our friend's dog, Kenya for the weekend. Sweetest dog ever!
Saturday morning, I threw my sister-in-law, Gina a butterfly themed baby shower. It was a success! I love love love planning parties, and decorating for them. I will post some DIY's from it soon.
We are all sooo excited for this baby girl to come into this world! Her long-awaited arrival has got me beyond THRILLED for her to come. I can't wait to meet her :)



Thea + James update:

Brittany, my sister-in-law sent this picture to me and it absolutely melted my heart! She said that in the middle of the night, Thea was kind of having a rough night, and James put his arm around her all by himself!! So the nurse took this picture. Isn't that amazing?!?
Should seriously be in a magazine or something. So so so precious and beautiful.




 
Sunday morning (Mother's Day) I awoke to sounds in the kitchen, and a tiny voice wanting to help the best husband in the world make breakfast in bed for me :)
White chocolate macadamia nut french toast with coconut syrup?!? My goodness was I spoiled!!

Cuddling in bed, eating breakfast with my two loves+Kenya was the best part of my day :)


After church, Ry had prepared a little picnic basket full of my favorite kind of lemonade, some strawberries, a baguette, some cheeses, and salami!  (that guy working at the cheese counter at Harmons is good.....sells us on everything ;) MMMMmmmm.....



Ry surprised me with this lovely polka dot dress for Mother's Day! Isn't he amazing??
 best husband award. hands down. seriously. He made me feel  million bucks this Mother's Day and I love him so much!


Ellie spotted a beautiful butterfly on our way home...
Over the years, I always liked to think that whenever I saw a butterfly, it meant that my mother was sending me a smile from heaven. :)
How fitting for Mother's Day, eh?
It made my heart smile.



We went to my in-laws for dinner, where the guys fixed steak, shrimp, and mashed potatoes for us!
 It was scrumptious.
I love this picture of Ryan's sweet grandma, his mom, me, and Brittany. I love these ladies!! and I feel so blessed to be a part of their family.


Boy, do I love being a mother!! It is the best job. Definitely not the easiest, but the best. Ellie is my sunshine, and I feel like the luckiest girl to be her mother. I learn so much from her and she makes me laugh so much!
Here she is sitting on her doll's chair watching a movie.
I think it's a  little small, don't you think?

Funny Faces! Bottom left wins.


Here she is reading her doll a book in the bumbo chair. I love her crossed toes :)

She rarely smiles for the camera, so naturally, I love this pic!

I am grateful for my own mother and for her example that she left for me. I miss her like crazy every day, but know that she is watching over us, and sending us smiles :)

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this whole post. You have such an amazing spirit that radiates in these posts..I hope that doesn't sound weird. :)
    I gt teary eyed seeing that picture of the twins. What precious miracles!

    And seriously, you should consider doing party's for people. And getting paid! You're so good, and so original! It would be some good money, especially around Utah valley.

    ReplyDelete