Friday, May 25, 2012

I've missed you, but I haven't met you

The Civil Wars concert last night was INCREDIBLE! This duo seriously sounded AMAZING live. Their voices flow so beautifully together, and I love how they connect so well with eachother. With their chemistry, it's hard to believe that they are married to different people! ;) I was so mesmerized by them that I didn't even snap a good picture to share with you!

At their show last night, the song that stuck out to me the most was "To Whom it May Concern". Joy Williams, the female singer, was 8 months pregnant on stage, and she told the croud before they sang the song, that this song could be about anyone really-- (which explains the title of the song.) It could be about a soul mate that you are waiting to meet, or an unborn baby- in her case . She told everyone to think about what this song would mean to each of us in our own individual lives. I thought it was really interesting how many things I thought of that this song could be about. I thought of my sweet angel sister whom I have never met, but I have "missed her" being in this life with me. And I can't wait to meet her. I know I will someday, and I can't wait!

But the main thought that came to mind, is my soon-to-be-niece! Oh, how we have waited for this baby to come! My brother and sister-in-law have been through so many ups and downs trying to start a family, and I look up to them so much for their strength and courage for the trials that they have endured. We are SO SO happy that this precious little girl is coming into this world in the next couple of days, and I think all of our hearts are going to grow one size bigger after meeting her :)

So, take a second and play the video, and as you are listening, follow the lyrics below. It is such a beautiful song! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
And does anyone else think he looks like Johnny Depp?



"To Whom It May Concern"
by: The Civil Wars



Why are you so far from me?
In my arms is where you are to be
How long will you make me wait?
I don't know how much more I can take

I missed you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
How I do

Slowly counting down the days
Till I finally know your name
The way your hand feels round my waist
The way you laugh, the way your kisses taste

I missed you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
How I do
How I do

I've missed you but I haven't met you
Oh how I miss you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
Oh how I want to

Dear whoever you might be
I'm still waiting patiently

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect song!! We've been listening to it all mornings:) xo

    ReplyDelete