Tuesday, May 15, 2012

glass milk bottles tutorial

I love the look of glass milk bottles at parties with cute straws in them- I was searching for some glass bottles to buy online for my sister-in-law's baby shower, and fell in love with THESE bottles, but they were a little out of my budget. Okay, a lot out of my budget. So I did some research and saw that someone used the Frappuccino glass bottles from Costco! I was determined to try it out. So I bought two cases of them.
(they were a LOT cheaper than those milk glasses I found online)

Then I used a funnel and transferred the frappuccino to gallon jugs and gave it to someone who drinks coffee.  I just didn't feel right about pouring all that coffee down the drain! Ha Who knew this would end up being a service project too? ;)

Then my lovely husband took off all the stickers for me, and we put them in the washer.

I was just going to use the plain bottles and put straws in them, but the sticky stuff from the stickers didn't come off of the bottles in the dishwasher, and I didn't want to have to find a way to remove the sticky stuff. So I decided to put my leftover paper from the invitations to good use! I cut out strips and wrapped the bottles in it, then taped the ends together. Then I wrapped it with bakers twine for fun. I thought they turned out cute!
What do you think?


5 comments:

  1. Must have been a wild party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have used Nail Polish Remover to take off label glue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. goo b gone works just fine to remove sticky stuff. citrus basewd cleaners work too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is a long shot, but do you remember where you bought the straws and how much they cost? And also how much the frappuccino cost?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the straws at a local scrapbook shop in utah called Pebbles in my pocket, but they sell them at shopsweetlulu.com. and the frappuccino was bought at Costco, and I think it was $10 for a case of 12. Hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete