Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Butterfly decor tutorials

I came up with the butterfly theme idea for my sister-in-law's baby shower from her future baby's AMAZING nursery! She has this big cute butterfly print hanging above the crib, so I thought it would be fun to have a butterfly themed baby shower for her.

I decided to make butterfly garland-- Just like the Valentine's day hearts garland that I made last year, I made this butterfly garland the same way. It's super easy!


Pick out some cute paper that you like, but make sure that has patterns or colors on both sides of the paper. I went to my local scrapbook store and found a butterfly die-cut and cut out a bunch of little butterflies.

Take two butterflies and put them on top of each other.

Sew straight through the butterflies
then stop sewing before you get to the end, and get two more butterflies ready to put through the feed. You can leave as much or as little space as you want inbetween the next butterfly.

Keep feeding them through, one set of butterflies after another,
and it will soon make a long chain.

When you're all done sewing the chain of butterflies, open them up!


 FINI!


Large Butterfly Decor tutorial

I wanted some cute butterflies to put randomly around the dessert table. So I decided to make some similar to the garland, but just the butterflies themselves.
Like this:


Make larger butterflies from paper of your choice. (your local scrapbook store should have die-cuts, and if not, I bet you could find a pattern online somewhere)

Put Three (instead of two) butterflies together and sew a straight line through them.
Trim off the excess strings.

Then flare them open!


I taped them to the crates, the blinds, you name it. They looked so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment