Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I don't normally do this..

 I am the kind of person who over analyzes just about everything and just tries to be extra careful with my words. I always want to try and be mindful of others feelings while at the same time, not be misunderstood. With that being said, there are just a couple more points that I wanted to make regarding my Gratitude post.

I have re-read it a few times and for some reason felt that I made it sound like all of the people that I used to associate myself with were negative influences in my life. Which is completely not true! In the past five years, I have met some amazing people and am so grateful for them in my life. Just because we may not do the same things anymore, doesn't mean that I don't love them and that I feel as though I am better than them in any way, or more happy than them.

The way I see life is simply like this: Life is about finding your true happiness, right? Happiness isn't always the same for everyone. Whether people have different tastes in music, have different religious beliefs, drink, don't drink, vegetarians, or meat eaters, gay, straight, get married in a religious temple, or in a backyard, you name it. If whatever you do makes you happy, helps you be a better person to those around you, encourages you to be an honest and trustworthy individual, and fills your heart with gratitude, then that's all that matters! I try very hard to not be a judgemental person and I try to love everyone for who they are and what they believe. I have plenty of friends who are very happy in their lives and they may not have the same beliefs as me, but that doesn't matter!

I guess what I am trying to say is that even though I don't hang out with some of the old people that I used to, and I am taking a different path to find my happiness, doesn't mean that I don't care for the people that I used to associate with, and it doesn't mean that they aren't happy just because we are on different paths. I just realized that I feel the most happy living my life the way that I was raised. That's all. I feel so blessed to know all of the people that I met in the recent years of my life! I am still the same person as i've always been and like I said, I am the happiest right now going back to my old roots of the LDS church. But I am definitely not a perfect mormon! I crave chai tea on a daily basis, I have my ears double pierced, I am not looking forward to wearing garments. at all:), I have a hard time reading my scriptures, and many more imperfections. But I am just taking things one step at a time and just focusing on doing the right things in order to result in everlasting happiness.

I love you all for who you are! and I am very grateful for everyone who has played a part in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, hopefully this isn't creepy since we don't know each other in real life, but! I think you are absolutely amazing. You are so strong and have transformed into such a happy girl in just the short year I've been reading your blog!
    You seems like such a great mama, and I absolutely love your honesty!

    (sorry, I'm signed into my craft blog profile. I don't know how to change it! Woops!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, two words: herbal chai. :) oregon makes some and it is amazing.

    i've had a similar journey myself and i am still not even close to being a "perfect mormon" or even a perfect anything - trying is enough, i guess.

    (p.s. - how have i missed your blog lately? i can't believe your girl is two and she is gorgeous. that picture of you holding her needs to be blown up and framed for sure. so sweet.)

    ReplyDelete