Sunday, May 22, 2011

the simplicities of life

Sometimes I find myself wishing that I could move somewhere else, just me & Ellie. But then I look out my window and realize that I am fortunate to live in one of the most scenic, beautiful places that I have seen. A fifteen minute drive, and I am tucked in the mountains, away from people, houses, reality, and stress. A place where I can ponder, clear my thoughts, and feel that feeling of simplicity.
There was snow on the ground, yet it was warm enough to wear shorts! Where else can you get that??  It was a beautiful, sunny day. and I have tan lines to prove it :)

My beautiful Ellie reminds me every day of the simplicities of life, even if it's just picking flowers. (or dandelions ;) I noticed her watching me tuck a flower behind my ear, then she instantly wanted to have one behind her ear too. Something that simple, made me realize how important it is to set a good example for her. 
My little bug is growing up so fast!


2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I feel the same about living elsewhere, but Utah is pretty beautiful!

    ReplyDelete