Thursday, February 3, 2011

Do-it-yourself Valentine garland

This garland is easy and fun to make! Thanks to pebbles for the idea.
360 hearts makes for a 24 ft. long garland!

Use a die-cut machine or a punch to cut out hearts from paper of your choice.
(It looks good if you choose paper that have a pattern on one side and a solid color on the other side.)

Put two hearts back to back and sew a straight line through the hearts with your sewing machine. Leave about 1/4 inch - 1/2 inch before you start your next heart, so there is some space inbetween each heart. Sew through all of the hearts until you get the length of the garland that you want.


Next, unfold each set of paper hearts that were sewn together,
and fan them out so they make a 360 degree heart.

I decided to put it on my desk at work to spice it up for Valentine's Day!
(even though I really don't like this holiday that much......haha)


awwwww
wouldn't this make a cute wreath? I don't know how I would make it hold a heart shape....maybe glueing a wire along the seam line? if you try it, let me know how it turns out!

Happy crafting!

12 comments:

  1. watch your fingers! these are adorable michelle. you're just such the little crafter i love it! how did you make the heart wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I love your blog facelift :) Second, totally love that you made this! Its super duper cute! Your wonderfully talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle! You are so great! I love your happy blog! Can't wait to try this garland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea!! I tried it out tonight and they turned out lovely :) Thanks for sharing this!
    http://tingaling-randomthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any way to make this without a sewing machine : ( I don't have one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there any way to make this without a sewing machine? :( I don't have one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would tape the hearts to a string so that all of the tape pieces are all on one side, then you could hang it so they don't show?

      Delete