Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ellie's 1st Birthday party


I am really excited about this post because I put so much time and effort into this party and definitely pulled my hair out trying to plan it!! But decorating and party planning is one of my favorite things to do. I would love to turn it into a career somehow!

Brynn from Sunnydays Photography used her AMAZING skills and took these pictures. It was so nice not having to worry about taking pictures myself! She did such a great job portraying the vintage/shabby chic theme in the pictures.

Ellie is one spoiled girl that's for sure! She had so many friends and family come to her party and she got lots of gifts. I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for coming and to my family for helping me with all the odds and ends before everyone came over!

Next year, I am driving to Dairy Queen, getting an ice cream cake and calling it good. That sounds GREAT to me:) 

 p.s. Don't be fooled....just remember that I have no life so that's why I was able to do this! You people with lives, I envy you.


Tutorial on the paper and felt flowers found HERE










































If anyone wants to know where I got some of the decorations or how I made certain crafts/treats, just send me a comment with your question and I would be happy to share!

15 comments:

  1. Okay this is creepy because I don't really know you at all, but I found your blog through Kylee Matson's and this party is just too cute for words and I had to tell you that because it looks like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look like a lot of work.. but it turned out so beautifully! You absolutely should turn this into a career. Sending love your way...

    Kels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Michelle, this is wonderful. Ellie, the work, the photos, you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle this is so, so, so awesome. What great planning! Everything looks SO delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle! WOW! Can you say Mom of the Year Award? This is soooo beautiful. You better watch out cause now everyone is going to want you to do their kids bday parties! I can't believe how cute Ellie is. I miss her (and of coarse you too!) so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is SO cute Michelle!
    Great Job with all the cute lil details, you should let us know where to get some of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mother of the year goes to you! You are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute party, Talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ummm...I want to know where you got ALL of it!! This should be in a magazine. Such a cute party! I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle- I saw your link on Brynn's blog (she's doing my wedding pictures). I can't get how cute this party was. I love all of it! You are so, so, talented. I have a question, though. I'm looking for decorations like this for the food we're serving at our wedding. Did you do most of them yourself, or did you find them somewhere? I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction... You can email me if you'd like. Wbleyl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I changed my mind. Do you decorate for weddings?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle,
    Share your secret for the cuuuute roses you made.
    Email me!
    dreahatch@gmail.com

    -Andrea (Thayne) Hatch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nevverrrrmind! I found the tut on your blog.
    Hah.
    Thanks, girl. Your creativity inspires us all.

    -Andrea Hatch

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michelle, I am completely inept when it comes to this blogging thing but I came across yours and just have to tip my hat. Ellie’s party was lovely and I agree with everyone—you should go into business. You already have a following. David does internet marketing so if you want some tips, just let me know. I’m here to help. --Michelle W. Kasteler

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a lovely party. You are so talented! Can't believe she is already a year old. She is a beautiful, lucky little girl and you are a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete