Tuesday, November 16, 2010

din din

One of many things that I wish I could do, is cook.

 I really want (need) to take some cooking classes. I am in a family full of guys, with no one really to teach me how to cook! (or at least that's my excuse.) With that being said, I have attempted to make dinner every other night for my dad and brother. Let's just say I feel bad for them having to be my guinea pigs for all of my failures. But tonight was a step above failing.
(i'll give me some credit)
I made one of my sister in laws recipes. Usually I hammer recipes but tonight I think I did alright.
and obviously, if I can make this recipe, YOU can. It's fool-proof and yummy too! So I thought I would share.

Festive Chicken

sauce:
8oz. Russian dressing-Wishbone brand 
1- 16oz Apricot Pineapple Preserves
1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup mix
6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
-white rice-

Dice chicken into chunks and cook in skillet on stove top with a little olive oil (1-2 tbsp.) on medium heat.
Keep stirring. Cook for 10-15 minutes.

In separate bowl, combine dressing, preserves, and soup mix and stir. Then add to chicken on skillet.  Cook on low heat. Sauce will thicken. Serve over white rice
(I doubled the sauce mixture tonight for extra yummyness)

Pair it with some hot homemade rolls and a salad and you're good to go!


My little assistant got into the butter. nasty!



                                                                  Grampa and Ellie stuffed after dinner!
                                                    This is my favorite thing that she does.
                   She will just be crawling around and suddenly lay her head on the floor  and  say "awwwww" (proof of this cuteness in this 'first steps' video)


1 comment:

  1. i used to eat butter when i was a baby too! she is so darn cute! love that baby!!

    ReplyDelete