Monday, November 22, 2010

book page wreath

I came across the tutorial for these bad boys on my friend's blog and I fell in love! How cute would this be next to a book shelf or you could even use sheet music instead of book pages and hang it next to a piano.

This is a cheap craft! and fun to make.
(but a little time consuming, i'll admit. Lucky for me, I have no life!)
All you need is:
 --a couple of old books

 --some brown paint for the edges to give it a more antique feel.
(I used a pretty shimmery bronze color to spice it up a bit)

--hot glue gun

--a styrofoam wreath


Here is the one that I made--
 You can fold the papers any way that you want, depending on the look that you want to go for. I wish I wouldn't have been all 'miss perfection' with mine, because I think it looks better with the papers folded different ways and a little bit messier:)

                                                 (I haven't decided where I want to hang it yet)


                                       Want to make your own? Click HERE for the tutorial.
 This is the one that my friend Nikki made. How amazing does it look against her green wall?? LOVE.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for posting this Michelle. I'm thinking this will be my project for Winter Break. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i love yours. they are so fun, aren't they!?

    i thought sheet music would be so pretty to, or some vintage picture book for a kids room. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect! I love it!!! I will be trying to make one for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet thanks for posting the tutorial. I'm going to attempt this next week! Wish me luck and no burnt fingers, that darn hot glue gun.

    ReplyDelete