Friday, October 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home.

The events from this evening are a perfect example of why I should just stay home all the time.
Why you ask? oh let's see......
.
.
My friend's reception was tonight so I wanted to take Ellie and stop by for a little bit. As I left my house, I glanced at the address and realized that I knew which reception center that was and drove to it. I got Ellie out of the car, grabbed the card that I wrote for the lovely couple, and headed inside. Music was playing and people were getting ready to sit down to a dinner. I thought that was odd, because the invitation didn't mention a dinner. I walked to the table, signed my name in the book, stood to wait in line...then looked around. ummmm why does the bride have brown hair when my friend has blonde hair? OHHHHH CRAP.
I think I must have broken some record for how fast I ran out of that place. I went to the wrong reception!!!!! And I signed my name in their book!!!! What an idiot!! Seriously?!?! I have never felt more stupid in my life. Luckily I will never see any of them again right?? that's my only comforting thought about the situation. This kind of thing would only happen to me!
.
.
I then take a long glance at the invitation, making sure I wasn't losing my mind. Come to find out, the place that I was supposed to go was right next to the place I had just been mortified at. What are the odds? I was at my friend's reception for probably a total of 7.2 minutes, gave my congrats, talked to some friends and left. OH and don't forget the THREE, .....yup thats right I said three, people who came up to me saying, "What's his name?" (referring to Ellie) and "Hey Buddy" (also referring to Ellie) and "How old is he?" (once again, reffering to Ellie.) I mean COME ON! She has her ears pierced, she is wearing this lovely outfit by the one and only Old Navy. (yes, I had to show you so that you guys can honestly tell me if I am dressing my child like a male.)
I guess she does look just like her dad..... but So what if I like dressing her in more nuetral colors rather than the baby pinks. Get over it!
.

Last time I checked, little boys don't wear dresses. or tights. But what do I know these days.

.

Thus ending my anxiety-provoking night.

Here I lay in my bed with my laptop, my nightly bowl of ice cream, (I really need to stop clogging my arteries) and Gossip Girl on the television. ahhh this feels nice. No one to embarrass myself in front of, no one to give me anxiety, and no one to call my little girl a dude.

perfect.

4 comments:

  1. i freakin love it. that is CLASSIC. and i've totally been there. you get back in your car after something embarrassing and you just grip the wheel tight and think to yourself: "really? did that just really happen??"
    haha...
    oh and you're totally gonna laugh at me but i actually DO have skeleton keys. 5 i believe. a couple are HUGE. i'll bring em. ;)
    ps. i dress tae the same. people are just IDIOTS. even if they truly in their subconscious think your babies a girl, for some reason they just spurt out boyish comments. its a weird phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone thinks my ellie is a boy, too. her lack of hair, maybe? there have been times when she is wearing clothes with hearts or butterflies and still people think she's a boy because it's not pink. that outfit with the boots is adorable, by the way.
    most of the time i have to force myself to go anywhere. i feel that everything i do is pretty embarrassing. my poor kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, what a night! First off... Ellie doesn't look like a dude. I'll eb honest people have asked that about Remee and she will be in full pink! People are weird. I personally love that outfit. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. i loved that you went to the wrong reception, so something i would have done.
    and ellie looks so like a girl, her facial features and everything are so far from boy. soph gets it all the time. she got it once while wearing a black dress from gap with a huge bow on it...the worst part was it was our first nurses visit at our pediatricians. seriously....

    i love the outfit. she's stylin'. and girls don't have to wear pink and purple all the time. it's seriously not like that anymore people. haha

    ReplyDelete