Wednesday, September 15, 2010

taking time off.

I am taking some time off.
No, not from work (as much as I wish that I could)
But I am taking some time off for myself. I am not using my phone for a while, I deleted my facebook temporarily, and I am going to put all of my focus into Ellie, myself, and my family. It is much needed and I think that is the only way that I can mend myself for what's been going on in my life lately. I am sorry if some of you think I am being selfish or rude for not talking to you, but please understand that I need to be selfish for a little bit. For my sake.
I just want to say to those people in my life who are genuine, true and sincere......
thank you.
Thank you for giving me tough love, even if it meant telling me something that I didn't want to hear rather than holding it back. or even if it meant sacrificing a friendship to be honest. I have learned that honesty is crucial for success. Thank you for truly caring about my feelings and for going out of your way to comfort me. I only have a select few friends that I can say this about, and I am very grateful for them.
I am working on a personal project so I need your help....if you have any good inspirational quotes on trust, honesty, comfort, happiness, etc. please share.
Be back soon.
.
.
.
(I still may sneak in a blog post or two;))

4 comments:

  1. you are so smart to do this Michelle. I think EVERYONE should "close down" once in awhile. We'd all be so much better for doing it. I may have some great quotes to pass on to you (if I can find them), from the time period in my life when I did some serious "soul searchin". Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should all do a little more of what you are doing! Here's a quote:

    "It is important to know, when you feel down, that many others do also and that their circumstances are generally much worse than yours. And it's important to know that when one of us is down, it becomes the obligation of his friends to give him a lift." Gordon B. Hinckley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad for taking "me time" it is necessary.. Besides Ellie will love it.

    Have you read Eat, Pray, Love? I have read it several times - i have loved it since it hit the shelves... there are so many good quotes AND it seems to match your decision to do some "me time". I recommend that..

    anyway - here are a few of the quotes I LOVE..


    "People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

    A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

    A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master..."
    — Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

    For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person's life at a given moment.
    Viktor E. Frankl (mans search for meaning)

    Don't aim at success - the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue... as the unintended side-effect of one's personal dedication to a course greater than oneself.
    Viktor Frankl, Man's Search For Meaning

    Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.
    Viktor E. Frankl

    When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Viktor E. Frankl

    hope these help love.. call me if you need anything, even just to talk.. or a play date for ellie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I know you're talking time off, (so jealous) but would you and your precious babay be interested in modeling for me this sunday? let me know! love you michelle!
    ericaweight@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete