Friday, September 3, 2010

good heavens!

people...i love you all and i'm flattered that you are all so interested in what's happening with my life...but all the talk is killing me! I really shouldn't have to do this, but I feel the need to explain what's been going on just to make the world stop talking and let them focus more on their own lives.
Yes, I am going through a rough time, and yes Ben and I are separated. But let me put this on the table. (as if you shouldn't already know this) WE HAVE A CHILD TOGETHER!! .....what's that I said?! yup, we have a child. together. crazy huh! I know, it's just crazy. and i'm pretty sure that no matter what happens, we will both always love her unconditionally. We are still her parents, despite his and my relationship and we will still always be in eachother's lives whether we like it or not. Ben and I have gotten to the point that we are comfortable around eachother and can maturely talk about things. So if you see us together--don't freak out and assume things please. Just remember that it IS possible to have a good separation. It IS possible to be able to be around eachother. Because you know what that's called, kids?? Maturity, time, and throwing our pride away. Ellie is the most important thing in our lives and is our main focus. We would both do anything for her.
So, for the record. Yes- Ben and I are on speaking terms, and yes we are going to have to talk to eachother our whole lives. Because i'm pretty sure it would be impossible to not talk, you know, having a child together and all. So in Sandra Bullock's words: "Can we PLEASE just go back to being normal??"
Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. You make me smile. Hang in there. People will always talk. But there is always silver lining, and in this case it's Ellie Bells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your one of my favorite people in this world! I don't think people can comprehend how amazing you are so they make assumptions:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. like diana said, well said!
    you're an awesome mommy! I admire you a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are definitely going to dinner and not talking about boys... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that people talk and assume things. You and Ben are amazing parents and that is all that matters! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, you are wonderful! I love you. Can I come to this dinner Rach mentioned?! I want to hang out and NOT talk about boys!! Lets do it!

    ReplyDelete