Thursday, June 3, 2010

7 Years

7 Years ago on this day. . .

My sweet mother passed away. Time has vanished so quickly, I just can't believe it. Anyone that knew my mom knew that she was the most caring, loving, most incredible woman. And I don't just say that because she was my mother. . she made an impact on so many people's lives. My brother's friends and my friends would all agree that she was easily their "second mom" who always had pizza delivered, waiting for us when we brought friends over or happily opened her house up for us to have parties. She was extremely talented in so many ways and I just wish so badly that she were here to teach me how to cook that yummy recipe that she made, or to help me pick out what shirt goes best with those shoes, or give me tips on being a good mother, wife, friend and daughter.

I was lucky enough to receive a hand written letter from my mother a couple of days before her unexpected death. In that letter she let me know how much she loved me and she signed it with the words "Always be Thankful". That phrase has never left my mind and I truly am thankful that I have her sweet example in my life.


I love you, Mom.

5 comments:

  1. I just couldn't sleep last night...too much "Judy" on my mind. So much has changed in such a short amount of time. Luckily I see her face every time I see you. You are like her in so many ways. She radiated goodness. And I know she's proud of all the goodness in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have gotten to know her better, I met her once in Jr high. Me and Vanessa came to bring Dan a birthday present. Dan wasn't home but she let us in and just hung out with us. That one meeting made a huge impression on me. Your family is the most genuine, nice, GOOD family in the world. I know it's because you had an amazing mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet. what a great message for her to leave you with. i miss her and i can't even imagine how much you kids and your dad still miss her to this day, and always will. she was one amazing mother to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to say you have such a fun blog! Your baby girl is darling! I found you through friends of friends. I hope thats not creepy. :) But I thought I'd come out and confess my blog stalking.

    This is such a sweet post. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tears in my eyes! This is so sweet. You are a phenomenal woman yourself michelle!

    ReplyDelete