Monday, November 9, 2009

Remembering

When I gave birth to Ellie, I hadn't chosen a Pediatrician yet. The day after I had her, a doctor came in to take a look at her and he said that his name was Matt Clayton. I asked if there was any relation to Dr. Keith Clayton and he said that it was his dad! Keith Clayton was my Pediatrician when I was a baby and all growing up. So today I took Ellie to her two-week appointment at Dr. Clayton's office and it brought back so many memories. The second I walked in, it was just as I had remembered it as a child. The smell stayed the same, the train was still there that circled the ceiling, the same plastic rings were set out for little girls to choose from, and this feeling of being a kid again rushed through my body. As I was waiting in the room for the doctor to come, I had this over whelming feeling of my mom. I remember her taking me to the doctors and then we would go to Magelby's and get hot breadsticks. My mom was the best. The spirit of her was so strong. I couldn't believe that I'm now a mom bringing my little girl to the same office that my mom once took me. I miss her terribly... and lately it has been hard with her not being here to share every moment with me. But I know that she is watching over me and little Ellie. I can feel it.



Here's some pictures by Jessie of my little bug. :)











9 comments:

  1. Bah I love doctor Kieth Clayton with all my heart! All of my memories ever are with him. How sweet! Conrats michelle, you look so great and happy and I couldn't be happier for you. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so easily made me cry! Your mom was wonderful! That was beautiful story. And the pictures are beautiful. Jesse does such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cuteness of this post just killed me dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to be taking my baby to the pediatrician that treated my husband when he was a baby! Crazy, huh?

    I love the picture of her with the boots and headband. She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cool you found an excellent pediatrician. it makes it amazing to have someone amazing. and i'm so sure your mom is so proud of you. you're an amazing mommy, i'm so sure of it. :D

    and um, hello, those pictures are freakin adorable. i love the one of her laying on her crossed arms. so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Michelle, it brought back lots of memories of me going to Dr. Clayton's office too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your post was so sweet Michelle...and the pics of your baby girl are even sweeeter!
    You are such a brave woman. I can't even imagine having a baby without my mom around. I really really admire you girl. Your mother would be...no IS...proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellie looks so much like Ben in that first picture! She's a little angel. No doubt your Mom is enjoying being a Grandma and watching over the two of you night and day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cool experience Michelle. Love you loads.

    ReplyDelete