Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mod Podge 101

Materials:
-a sponge brush
-Mod Podge (available at any craft store)
-Wrapping paper or wall paper (I got mine at Ikea)
-an exacto knife
-pair of scissors


Step one: measure and cut wrapping paper to size of surface. (mine being the top of my dresser)

Step Two: Paint Mod Podge onto surface with sponge brush. I painted it on the back of the wrapping paper too just to ensure a good hold!

Step Three: Place wrapping paper on surface very carefully and immediately start smoothing out all the bubbles. I used a book end or the bottom of my fist. I might recommend a level or something a bit more sturdy. Be careful to not rip the paper though!


Step Four: Cut off the remaining paper right on the edge of the surface. Wait for the glue to dry before you start cutting! or the paper will tear.



FINI.

1 comment:

  1. This is great - I love it! The use of Mod Podge is awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete