Thursday, April 16, 2009

..African Love..



Last summer, I worked my tail off and saved every dollar that I earned. By the end of the summer, I FINALLY had enough to fulfill one of my dreams. To go to AFRICA! I have always wanted to travel there and be with the little kids. I signed up with a group called C.C.S. and on October 2nd, I flew to a little village called Hohoe that is in Ghana.I stayed there for almost a month and loved it! Although, I must say that it was probably one of the hardest experiences that I have had. I was put in a TINY classroom that had 38 pre-schoolers crammed into it. I mean, I have babysat 6 kids at once before...but that was probably the most that I have delt with at one time before this. OH, and did I mention that the 38 kids barely knew English?... haha It was pretty tough.
But WELL worth it.


This morning, I received an email from Elizabeth, who is the teacher at the school/orphanage that I taught at. I sent the school kids a package back in December that had paper, pencils, colored pencils, little candies, and some other materials that they don't have the privilege of having over there. I thought I would share the email because it made me so so happy to hear from them!



Hello Duncan,


It's Elizabeth from Happy Kids School. How is life over there? I am sure you are all fine by the grace of the Almighty Lord. I just want to thank you once again for your teaching in our school and your love for the kids. We sincerely appreciate all that you have sent to us. We received them and was very happy about it.

We also thank God for the cordial relationship between us.
May God richly bless you!!!







1 comment:

  1. What a sweet note from Elizabeth! I'm so glad you had such an amazing experience. Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete